2015

Leave a Comment
2015 was simultaneously the best and the worst year of my life. It was full of such incredible highs, and such exquisitely painful lows but I would not change any part of it for a thing. This is a space I have been shallow with in the past, and while I have vowed to make it a better reflection of 'me' in the past - this post is the start of a much realer effort, and the end of a kind of "dormancy".

Moving to Paris was the single best decision I have ever made - as I walked through the departure gates it was as if my whole body took a sigh of relief. I knew wholeheartedly something was about to begin, but I wasn't aware at the time just how big it was going to be. I have already talked about how much I adore my friends here, but I truly do believe I met my soulmates here - people who understand me the way I haven't been understood before, people who I can truly be myself with.

After my studies ended I extended my stay here by four months, which financially was not a smart decision - changing international plane tickets is not gentle on the bank account. However, in my heart I felt I was not finished here yet so the money wasn't a factor and since I have come to realise that I will never feel finished here. I have never felt at home in a city so much as I have in Paris, and although it's not an easy thing and will take a lot of hard work, I can think of nothing I want more than to call this city my home.

My goals for 2016? I want to work entirely towards making my dream of moving happen, to graduate and to finally take the plunge and submit my manuscript to publishing houses.

Do any of you guys have experience with moving to another country? If not, tell me your biggest goal for this year!



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig