What's In My Travel Makeup Bag?

Leave a Comment

I have honestly been dreading the time where it came to sitting down and sorting through my makeup in preparation for my exchange program since I found out I was leaving, however when it came to it I had no difficulties except on the lip product front - but that's a separate post in itself! When I look at this, it seems excessive in a way because I will undoubtedly be shopping while I'm away, but it also does cover all of the bases and I do use these products almost daily.

Base


1. MAC Face & Body in C2
This is the most used and the most diverse base in my collection, so it's definitely the one I want to have on hand! There is no SPF, so it's night appropriate and it can be worn sheer or built up for a more medium coverage. It is also small and plastic, so definitely very easy to travel with!

2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in '15 - Fair'
I couldn't go anywhere with out this baby, so this was definitely a no brainer! An amazing concealer that's perfect for anything that needs concealing from eyes to blemishes.

3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in 'Fair'
Again, a no-brainer on the base front! This is perfect for brightening up the under eyes.

4. Maybelline Baby Skin
A really nice, standard silicony primer that really does blur pores. This isn't anything to scream from the rooftops about, but I really do enjoy it and want to use it up.

5. Garnier 5 Second Perfect Blur 
Two primers is definitely on the more excessive side, especially since this is near identical to Baby Skin, however there is only a tiny bit left and I want to use it up.

Complexion


1. Models Prefer Mineral Powder in 'Soft Focus'
This is a great illuminating powder that's perfect for brightening up the face without adding any shimmer. I tend to dust this liberally over my forehead and chin where I don't generally like the look of a straight out highlighter.

2. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in '01'
This is my obsession! It's perfect for warming up your complexion and is super natural.

3. Australis Fresh and Flawless Powder in 'Natural'
My all time favourite powder, so it has to come along with me! This is great as it does have a little coverage to it, so it can be worn all over the face for light-base days as well as used to set makeup.

Eyes


1. Essence Eyeshadow Base
I still haven't found an eye primer I'm obsessed with, but this is what is currently on trial so I thought I would bring it along. This is okay, but not super impressive. It's definitely a very affordable primer if you are in the market for one!

2. Maybelline Brow Drama in 'Dark Brown'
I love this stuff so, so much! It just makes my brows look so lovely while adding some colour and definition to them.

3. Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Tough as Taupe'
This is what I have been using to fill in my brows lately and this is much easier to carry around than my larger brow kits, so that's a plus!

4. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara 
My current mascara of choice! This was one area that was difficult to narrow down as there were a couple of mascaras floating around my makeup bag, but I decided on this one as it's the newest to my collection.

5. Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner
I could not go anywhere without a liquid liner, so this was a must! This is my favourite liner of the moment as well.


Cheeks


1. Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 'Lavish Mauve'
This had to come with me as I wear it so, so often! It's such a beautiful colour on the cheeks and has a slight shimmer to it as well.

2. Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in 'Genuine Plum'
Two mauve blushes is a little crazy, but it's my favourite colour to wear on the cheeks! I wanted a matte option incase I wanted to go overboard with the highlighter or just for a more matte look.

3. Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter
This is my newest purchase and my newest love! A stunning highlight that can be worn day and night. It's also a multi-use product which is perfect!

Palettes


1. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
This is my all time favourite eyeshadow palette, and it won over my Lorac Pro! I find this palette to be a little more higher in quality plus most of these shades I use, whereas the Lorac has a fair few I don't tend to reach for. This can create natural day looks or deep night looks, which is perfect!

2. Australis AC On Tour Contour Palette 
I hate that I have to bring this whole palette just for the banana shade, but it's so engrained in my routine that I don't think I could go without it! Luckily this palette is super light and compact, so it shouldn't take up too much room.

What do you guys think? Is there anything here I don't really need, or is this a good amount of product?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig