Velvet Teddy

Leave a Comment


I never thought I would be the one to say this, but I am currently obsessed with nudes! For a long time I just couldn't find shades that suited me especially as I'm fair, so I figured nudes weren't for me. Over the past year I have found one or two that I really love, including the Maybelline Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Nude Perfection', which had to be my favourite of the bunch. When these lip pencils first launched I heard so many comparisons between 'Nude Perfection' and MACs 'Velvet Teddy' that I was instantly intrigued.

Fast forward six months to me standing at a MAC counter, enquiring with next to no hope as to whether they had 'Velvet Teddy' in stock for my sister's birthday gift. The lady was excited to tell me that they did, and coerced by her surprise at it being in stock I found myself asking for two.

MAC's 'Velvet Teddy' is a stunning, matte nude shade that looks peachy in the bullet but much more brown when applied. The swatch featured above is incredibly true to colour, and it really is the perfect brown based pinky nude - there is a reason it is constantly sold out. What is incredible about this lipstick is how creamy and easy it is to apply, especially for a matte. This is my first MAC matte lipstick and I am incredibly impressed with the formulation - my lips were far from perfect when I first tried it out and it didn't accentuate any flakes or lines.

I highly recommend this lipstick to anyone who looks at it and hears the angels sing like I do! It is quite a dark nude, so it took some getting used to for me, but I find myself reaching for it daily now! As for the Maybelline Colour Drama in 'Nude Perfection' dupe alert? It's spot on colour wise and even formula wise, so definitely pick that up if you've been curious about 'Velvet Teddy' but aren't ready to take the plunge yet.

Have you tried this? What is your favourite MAC lipstick?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig