New From Maybelline

Leave a Comment
To anyone who isn't from Australia, you're probably scratching your head reading the title of this post, but for us these products and more have just landed on Australian shores and I am more than excited! I was scouring the pharmacies as soon as I heard these items were set to release, and I got them the day they appeared because new products tend to go out of stock for a long time around these parts.

Maybelline Hypersharp Liner 
As a winged liner addict, this was number one on my list. My all time favourite liquid liner was Maybelline's Master Precise, so I had incredibly high hopes for a similar looking liner marketed specifically for wings. The nib is incredibly thin on the sides, and a little thicker on the front and back, making thick and thin lines both easy to achieve. The thin side in particular is amazing, as I can finally get those "hyper sharp" flicks with ease. I find this liner a lot smoother to apply than Master Precise, making things faster, and it definitely appears to be more long wearing.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
I had heard so many rave reviews on this mascara that I couldn't not pick it up, especially since I'm such a fan of Maybelline mascaras to begin with. I was unsure whether it would compare to my favourite at the time, L'Oreal's Miss Manga, however it is as good if not better in the lengthening department and provides much more volume. This mascara is quite wet, which is usually something I hate, but so long as I'm careful and let it dry before moving my eyes around too much it isn't a problem.

Maybelline Baby Skin Primer
I am a sucker for silicon based primers and I don't think I have ever gravitated towards a primer that didn't have that classic, silky silicon feeling. This is a lovely product, and the packaging is so cute, but it really is quite standard as far as this kind of primer goes. It does the same job as my Garnier 5 Second Blur, hydrates and fills in my pores quite well. It is by no means an underwhelming product, but it was not better than anything I have already tried so I simply wasn't blown away.

Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow in Peach
I swore I would never buy another Baby Lips again in my life because I just don't find them all that moisturising and don't tend to reach for them. When I saw these, however, I had the idea in my head that these would be more like a glossy, tinted balm designed to wear as a lip colour rather than be a hydrating treatment - I was right! This was surprisingly pigmented and smells just like peach, which is amazing. I bought the most nude shade of the bunch and it still has a substantial amount of pigment, there is even a bright purple that would be interesting to swatch!

Have you tried any of these products?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig