My Lipstick Collection

Leave a Comment

I was a little daunted to do this post as I thought my collection was quite large compared to the other components of my makeup collection, but it has been a post on the top of my to-do list for awhile now. However, after handing off some shades I never use to my sister my collection of products I actually enjoy and use is much more manageable! I've divided them up into colour sections and will provide a mini review for each, just incase you're interested. I will also link any full-reviews I have done on them, if I have them!

The Pinky Mauves (AKA The KJ Lip)

1. Essence Lipstick in 'Cool Nude'
When this collection launched I was so excited! This is a nice, glossy formulation and the colour is what you see on the packaging. It is essentially the same colour as my natural lips, though, so I don't reach for this too much.

2. Mac Lipstick in 'Fast Play' (Full Review)
I adore this shade so, so much! It's a deeper browny-mauve than I expected, but I love it for that reason.

3. Maybelline Colour Elixr in 'Mauve Mystique' (Full Review)
The only lipgloss I have found so far that I'm okay with wearing. I can still feel it on the lips, but it's not in an unpleasant sticky way. This is just a stunning colour, too.

4. Bourjouis Rouge Edition Velvet in 'Nude-ist' (Full Review)
I wanted these so badly to be a long-lasting matte liquid lipstick, and they weren't. While they do come off when eating, they're still lovely on the lips and I love this shade.

5. Rimmel Lasting Finish in 'Asia' (Full Review)
An amazing 'Your Lips But Better' colour. The formula is quite glossy, but it's extremely comfortable on the lips and still packs a punch pigment-wise.

6. Covergirl Smoochie in '#luv u'
A really sheer, glossy mauvey shade that's perfect for everyday wear. It isn't extremely hydrating, but it is pleasant on the lips.




The Nudes

1. Mac in 'Velvet Teddy' (Full Review)
My new favourite lipstick. It's the perfect brown nude and the formulation is beyond amazing! 

2. Rimmel Moisture Renew in 'Notting Hill Nude' (Full Review)
An amazing nude and the first one I found that suited me well. The formulation is also incredible, very glossy and pigmented.

3. Kate Moss for Rimmel in '103'
My first lipstick! A very your lips but better colour that is perfect for everyday wear. Matte but very creamy!

4. Nyx Matte Lip Cream in 'Istanbul'
Something I wanted to love, but it didn't work well for me! The colour and application is amazing, but the lasting power really lets this one down.

5. Maybelline Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Nude Perfection' (Full Review)
I cannot say enough good things about this formulation! A budget Velvet Teddy dupe, even down to the formulation.

6.Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in 'Precious'
This has next to no pigment to it, especially since my lips are quite pigmented naturally. However, it does leave a nice look to the lips for a natural look.

7.Chi Chi Creamy Matte Liquid Lipstick in 'Wild Child' (Full Review)
I really do adore this product, but it most definitely isn't a matte liquid lipstick if that's what you're looking for. This product does not set and will transfer like a regular lipstick, which isn't a bad thing, just not what I expected.




True Pinks and Peaches

1. Essence in 'Colour Crush'
The pigment of these lipsticks is almost unbelievable, almost as unbelievable as the price point! These are a must buy.

2. Essence in 'Coral Calling'
Again, amazing pigmentation and a beautiful colour. This is a collection worth checking out!

3. Max Factor Color Elixir in 'Peach Babe'
I thought about not including this is you cannot buy it, but it's really special to me and I wanted to share it! I won this lipstick from Anna at VDM, she designed the colour herself and I adore it! A lovely, sheer peach.

4. Revlon Lip Butter in 'Sweet Tart'
This was my favourite lipstick of all time last summer. A beautiful, easy to wear formula and a lovely bright shade - as per most of the Revlon Lip Butters!

5. Revlon Lip Butter in 'Juicy Papaya' 
Nowhere near as pigmented as 'Sweet Tart' but still a lovely shade nonetheless.

6. Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in 'Elusive'
I love everything from the shade to the packaging to the formulation. They are a great matte formulation and are definitely worth the hype.

7. Bourjois Color Boost in 'Fuchsia Libre'
Another old favourite. You can see how much I loved this by the packaging! A lot like 'Sweet Tart', which is probably why I loved it so much.

8. Baby Lips Candy Wow in 'Peach'
The newest addition to my collection! This is almost a balm, but it does have more pigment than some of the lipsticks here so I included it. Quite typical for a glossy chubby stick and just as hydrating.



The Reds 

1. Essence in 'On The Catwalk!'
An amazing, creamy brown toned red. It is quite deep and one of my favourite 'red' lips that aren't more on the burgundy side. It's more wearable than a true red, surprisingly!

2. Essence in 'Dare To Wear'
A very true red and possibly the most talked about of these Essence lipsticks! Definitely one to try if you're big on red lips, or are looking for a great bargain lipstick.

3. Topshop Lipstick in 'Depth' (Full Review)
I love this colour to pieces, it's very similar to MAC's 'Cyber' but due to glossiness it isn't very easy to wear.

4. Sportsgirl Pout About It in 'Dark Angel' (Full Review)
An amazing, matte, oxblood red that lasts well on the lips! Definitely one to get your hands on if you can.

5. Rimmel Moisture Renew in 'Dark Night Water-Loops' (Full Review)
I adore the shade and pigmentation, but again it is quite glossy and is better when dabbed on top of a matte base.

6. Revlon Moisture Stain in 'Parisian Passion' (Full Review)
I adore this and was surprised how easy it was to wear alone! It is also surprisingly wearable.

7. Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Red Essential'
I adore this formulation and need them to extend the shade range! This is a stunning, classic red.

8. Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Pink So Chic'
Again, the formula is incredible! This is a stunning berry tone that is very wearable.

9. Australis Velourlips in 'Buda-Pash' (Full Review)
Definitely my favourite of the bunch. A product that dries this quickly and stays put is exactly what you need when sporting such a deep colour. Drying? Yes - but no more than most liquid lipsticks.

10. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in 'Adore'
Definitely not a colour I reach for often anymore as it's very brown toned and not in a way I enjoy. I am not even sure that they sell these anymore!




The Lipliners

1. Revlon Colourstay in 'Mauve'
This is my least favourite of the bunch. The colour is stunning, the packaging is perfect and the consistency is just right - but there's shimmer. Perfect when paired with a creamy matte on top, however.

2. Rimmel Exaggerate in 'Addiction' (Full Review)
My favourite lip liner of the bunch! An amazing, creamy brown-nude that matched Velvet Teddy perfectly.

3. Rimmel Lasting Finish in 'Cherry Kiss'
Nowhere near as amazing as the Exaggerate liners, but does the job and is a bit drier in consistency which is good.

4. Rimmel Exaggerate in 'East End Snob'
An amazing, pinky nude that looks great for everyday. Highly recommend both of the Exaggerate liners if you don't already own them.

5. Australis Lipliner in 'Tickled Pink' (Full Review)
This is what I wanted 'East End Snob' to be colour wise. It is perfect, however much drier in consistency.

If you've stuck around until the end, congratulations! What is your favourite lipstick of all time? Mine has to be Velvet Teddy, but it's constantly changing.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig